Random Acts of Thought

You have arrived at Jeromes space on the Web Welcome to my rambling ground. I have set up this space for a number of reasons. Firstly I am not good at keeping in touch with people. I KNOW I should write letters, make phone calls and such, but I am plain bad at it.A blog seemed a practical way of letting many people at once know how I am doing and what I am up to. Secondly I enjoy talking and thinking. This seemed like a good place to express my views on whatever came to mind.

Name:

The Thoughtful Ape is a primate who is honestly interested in understanding the world he lives in. He is particularly interested in cognitive biases and the limits of intuition. Like most of his species he is both vain and opinionated but is interested in understanding what is true despite these faults. The Thoughtfuls Ape's opinions change and evolve with time. What is posted here reflects his opinion at the date at which it was written.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

What Ive been thinking about

Well its been over a month since Ive posted anything on here.... I have sort of neglected this blog lately but I am committed to making an effort on it and getting some more material up here.... What have I been thinking about lately......Ive been speculating on the interaction of social networks and business networks with technology. I have started drafting an essay on the greatness of Civilisation.I am also putting together a history of the world in 4000 words.All these projects have a common theme. Efficiency of exhange as the engine of progress.In short I believe that the driver of progress in history is the increasing efficiency of networks of all kinds. This process has been ongoing from the beginning of speech to the development of internet search engine...I believe that the degree to which goods services ideas and people can flow freely and efficiently in markets of exchange correlates pretty exactly to the to rate at which a society moves towards wealth progress and understanding and away from ignorance and barbarism...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home